Community Acupuncture at Centered Studios will be reopening on a very limited basis, starting Sunday, May 3rd. As always, I want to be transparent with you about my decision making processes.
First, I do believe that the most effective way for us to stay healthy and care for our communities is to stay home. At the same time, due to the number of patients that have reached out, I know people are in need of help and support. I want to tell you how I have restructured Community Acupuncture for the foreseeable future and what policies I have put in place to try to decrease the transmission of Covid-19 if you come for a treatment.
At this time, please only consider scheduling a treatment if your symptoms are severe. Some examples of when it would be appropriate to come for an appointment:
- Your symptoms are 7 or above on a scale of 0-10, if 0 represents no symptoms and 10 represents symptoms at their worst.
- Your symptoms are affecting your sleep or concentration.
- You feel like you are at or close to a “breaking point.”
Each person will be asked to check this list before scheduling a treatment, and then again when they arrive at their appointment. If you answer “yes” to any of the following, please stay home and plan to reschedule in 14 days.
Do you have:
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Shortness of breath
- An exposure to someone with a known diagnosis of Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- New onset fatigue
- New onset aches
- New onset or unusual-for-you nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Feeling sick in any way
- Have you been sick and recovered, but it is less than 14 days since your last symptom?
Face Covering Requirement
Patients will be required to bring with them, and wear, a face covering while in Centered Studios. Treatment will not be possible if you do not have a face covering.
Community Acupuncture Restructure
- Private rooms- Going forward there will be one chair in each of the private treatment rooms and one chair in the yoga room.
- Cleaning- I will disinfect between each patient, including: the entryway, treatment chair, bathroom, and all other surfaces touched.
- New treatment flow:
- Please make a special effort to arrive on time so that you do not overlap with another patient.
- If there is someone in the front room when you arrive, please wait outside.
- Upon entering Centered Studios, take off your shoes and wait in the front room. I will meet you there and we will start the appointment by going over the above checklist.
- I will take you to your chair where we will do all of our rescheduling, payment, evaluation and treatment.
- Contactless payment preferred- if possible, please come prepared to pay via Zelle or Venmo.
- Sliding Scale Increase- To accommodate the above changes, I will need to decrease the number of patients per hour that come through Community Clinic. Because of this decrease, and because I believe this new structure will be necessary for the foreseeable future, I must increase the bottom of the sliding scale. Going forward, the new Community Acupuncture Sliding Scale will be $40-$70. I spent quite a while thinking about this, and this new pricing reflects my duel desires to make acupuncture affordable to more people while also keeping this small business financially viable so that it can stay open. For many of you, this isn’t too much more than you were paying before. For some people, this increase may be more than your budget allows. If you can not afford this new scale, reach out and I will work to help you find a clinic in your price range.
Thank you for your support as we move forward. If you have any questions, feel free to email, text , or call.